Although most people agree with the opinion of experts that a combination of healthy diet and regular exercise is key for losing weight, you should know that there are more ways of losing weight without the need to resort to unhealthy plans. Of course, leading a healthy and active lifestyle is important if you want to be able to lose a lot of weight without endangering your health.
Diet and Exercise Breakdown
Most people focus on some kind of training regime in order to lose weight and forget all about the importance of the diet. However, making healthy lifestyle choices is about 80% of the job, with the remaining 20% of weight loss coming from physical activity. If you want to lead a healthy lifestyle, you should change your diet and go vegetarian or vegan. Ketogenic and gluten-free diets work just as well as the popular Atkins diet, but if you really need to lose more pounds than the usual, you should also put in a lot of work in the gym.
Consistency Is Key for Exercise
Extreme workouts may help you lose weight, but the “Go Hard or Go Home” mentality isn’t always useful. In order to boost your metabolism and lose weight, you need to stay consistent with the training – this will help your muscles grow and bust all the fat on your body while keeping your health in check.
Don’t worry about the duration of the training – just stay consistent to your goals and the results will come. You don’t even need to hit the gym if you don’t have the time – in fact, you can use any physical activity including walking in order to reach your weight loss goals.
Although most people don’t consider it important for losing weight, walking can bust the fat on your body. Besides the weight loss, walking will also maintain your weight, improve your mood and the health of your joints and bones, meaning that it can do much more for you than just help you lose weight.
Here’s a 3-week walking plan that will help you melt all the fat from your body:
Day 1 – 10-minute walk at a steady pace
Day 2 – 12-minute walk at a steady pace
Day 3 – 15-minute walk at a steady pace
Day 4 – 18-minute walk at a steady pace. If you can’t do it all at once, go for a 9-minute walk in the morning and evening.
Day 5 – 20-minute walk at a steady pace (10 in the morning and evening)
Day 6 – 22-minute walk at a steady pace (11 in the morning and evening)
Day 7 – 25-minute walk at a steady pace (13 in the morning and 12 in the evening)
Day 8 – 14-minute walk (2 minutes of easy pace, 10 minutes fast pace, 2 minutes easy pace)
Day 9 – 16-minute walk at a moderate pace
Day 10 – 18-minute walk (3 minutes of easy pace, 12 minutes fast pace, 3 minutes easy pace)
Day 11 – 20-minute walk at a moderate pace
Day 12 – 22-minute walk (4 minutes easy pace, 14 minutes fast pace, 4 minutes easy pace)
Day 13 – 24-minute walk at a moderate pace
Day 14 – 26-minute walk (5 minutes easy pace, 16 minutes fast pace, 3 minutes easy pace)
Day 15 –15-minute training up and down a set of stairs, followed by a 2-minute walk at an easy pace
Day 16 – 25-minute walk at a moderate pace
Day 17 – 17-minute training up and down a set of stairs, followed by a 2-minute walk at a fast pace
Day 18 – 27-minute walk at a moderate pace
Day 19 – same as day 17
Day 20 – 30-minute walk at a moderate pace
Day 21 – 25-minute walk at a fast pace and an 8-minute walk at an easy pace